Wednesday, January 19, 2011

God's Love Declared Offensive?

I have always shared what God puts on my heart in these little devotional blogs on my facebook profile. So many things seem to go on facebook, that I thought my space would be used to share His glory.

Tonight, when I hit my usual "sharing" button, facebook blocked the posting declaring it inappropriate.

Don't you find that ironic? People can post pictures of drinking parties and egocentristic escapades, but not God's love?

Our world is certainly changing. One Sister-in-Christ recently asked for prayer because her husband was declaring her an unfit mother since she recently became a Christian. She has been labeled by him as loving God too much and making it too hard for him to reconcile. What he doesn't realize is that she can now love her husband more in spite of his terrible deeds because she loves Jesus.

The court actually appointed a guardian to decide what to do for the children since she is a new believer in Jesus.

What are we to do in the face of such anger toward God's love and Word? I don't know about you, but I will keep on writing and praising God and sharing His love.

Join me in prayer for those who find followers of God "offensive," won't you?

They, above all others need to know Jesus's grace.
For His Glory...

1 comment:

  1. So very sad what the world calls "appropriate " Your devotional is a light shining in such a dark scary world. Gods word brings hope to all who are searching for something real to hold on to. God's love changes our hearts and thankfully our outlook on our lives. Thank you, for putting something meaninful out there. God is using you, Gretchen, in my life and I'm so grateful to have you again in my life.

    ReplyDelete