Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Betty White


How did this happen? I mean really! Suddenly she is everywhere!
The last time I saw Betty White was on THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW which of course really dates me.

And no, I did not watch THE GOLDEN GIRLS, but I know she was on there, too.

For years, I did not think about her or see her. Now, if I watch an award show, I know Betty White will be there cracking jokes that are meant to shock people, and they usually do. Her dry wit and her self deprecating sense of humor endears her to her audience. Whether it is a guest appearance on a sitcom, award show, or even a candy-bar commercial, Betty White is suddently the "hot" star.

But how did this happen?

My theory is that she just waited it out.

She had a pretty long dry spell of no popularity, no work.
So she waited and kept going.

Even with all of this popularity and attention though, "this, too, shall pass."

It is just a part of life.

I am writing this to reassure myself and others who are in a dry season of life, a waiting period for answers.

I look at the Bible and am reminded of many people, flawed people, like Betty White who waited a long time for things to change. People wanting children. People wanting healing. People needing daily bread. People needing a Savior.

God came through every single time.

But it doesn't mean they didn't wait.

So be encouraged.

If Betty White can do it...

well, then so can YOU and I.

Blessings on you as you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment