Tuesday, December 28, 2010

WORST CELEBRATIONS - Goalkeeper celebrates too early in penalty!!!!


My husband came home talking about the soccer goalie who celebrated his victory too early. I had to see it for myself.

The poor guy.

He successfully blocked the goal, got up, faced the audience hitting his chest for applause, not realizing the ball had bounced off of his body only to roll slowly, slowly into the goal. Impossible!

If he had only stayed alert. Eye on the ball, not the audience.

If only.

I am reminded of times, few thank goodness, when I didn't focus on my surroundings. I rmember I had studied for a test so diligently. I got the test and breezed through it in no time.

I wondered why no one else was turning in tests. Why were they still struggling so long after my completed masterpiece?

The next day, my heart sank as I realized I had not heard the note about the EXTRA 50-point question added on the board.

I know how the goalie felt.

God warns us as well in our spiritual lives to be diligent, not to take His Word for granted. He encourages us to hide His Words in our hearts to prepare for times of surprises in life, times of disappointments, times of waiting.

Today, I woke up early, unable to sleep. The sun was not up. My husband's sleep-apnea machine droned softly accompanied by my daughter's soft snoring in the other room.

I made a cup of coffee and sat down with God. After reading His Word, my heart was ready for the day.

How about you? Where's your focus today? Is your eye on the ball?

It is nice to think of others joining me as we start each day of what is left of 2010and begin each day in 2011 in the quiet of our homes, before anyone else awakes, sipping our coffee and reading His Word.

For His glory as we wait for a new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment