Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day!


Well, it happened.

To my 9-yr. old's delight, school was finally cancelled due to inclement weather. Really, instead of snow, it was ice.

Either way, she is happy.

Now you would think she would sleep in.

Nooooooo. At the time I usually am dragging her out of bed, she jumps up excitedly to watch television and play with her toys.

When I asked her why she didn't stay in bed and take advantage of the day off of school, she said, "Mom, I'm just so excited! I don't want to waste the day!"

She really reflects how most of us are about things out of the ordinary that take us by surprise.

A snow day. A holiday. A friend's visit or phone call. A kind word. A selfless gesture.

I wonder how often I have been someone's snow day this year? How often have I been the unexpected kindness someone needed that day?

How about you? Join me, in being someone's "snow day" surprise today, won't you?

For His glory....
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment