Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ever Feel Like You'd Die for a Cup of Coffee? I Almost Did...


Be careful what you whine about...

I've been told that and even told others that as well.

Today I experienced it.

I wanted a hot cup of coffee this morning, but not just any cup. I wanted a Skinny Caramel Machiatto from Starbucks. Grande!

You see I am a new coffee drinker. At my old age, I have discovered the joy of sitting with a hot cup in my hand and sipping as I wake up.

Today, after dropping my daughter off at soccer, I thought I would indulge by going to a drive-through Starbucks and getting a quick SCMGrande.

Did I say, "Quick"?

The line seemed to take forever. When I arrived at the window, I sat for a full three minutes waiting and waiting. Staring ahead at the parking lot.

Then it happened. In front of my eyes a car swooshed in front of me slamming into the guard rail which was the only thing preventing it from going into major traffic.

It was going at such speed that it repeatedly backed up and rammed the rail until finally coming to a stop.

Just as it finished, the window slid open and a sweet voice said, "Here is your Grande Skinny Caramel Machiatto." I looked up at her smile, and thought..."Just a few minutes earlier and I would have been slammed into by that car unexpectedly!"

Just a few minutes could have made a difference between life and death or at least severe injury.

And here I was ready to gripe about my coffee wait!

Oh my, what must go on behind the curtains of heaven!

Thank you God for your protection today.

I am praising Him as I sip my SCMGrande.

For His Glory,
Gretchen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord for Your unseen hands sparing my sis today! We would be totally shocked to see the behind scenes of God's spiritual forces duking it out on our behalf!

    ReplyDelete